Immigration AttorneyA few words about Ingrid experience and achievements.
- Phone: (407) 818-1244
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ingrid Borges Perez is a founding partner of Terra Immigration Partners, a boutique law firm dedicated to assisting foreign nationals, investors, and businesses achieve their immigration goals.
- She is a native of Brazil and has lived in the United States since childhood. She has first-hand, personal experience with the language, cultural, and financial barriers that immigrants face. This gives her a unique perspective into these challenges, and it is a guiding principal in her work.
- Ms. Perez worked as a solo-practitioner focused exclusively in immigration prior to co-founding Terra Immigration Partners. Ms. Perez also has years of experience as a Criminal Defense Attorney for The Legal Aid Society in New York City where she zealously represented clients in Manhattan Criminal Court and New York State Supreme Court. She worked as lead counsel and represented close to one thousand clients facing misdemeanor and felony charges. She was responsible for all phases of litigation including arraignments, bail applications, legal writing, research, negotiations, investigations, hearings, and trials.
- Ms. Perez represented many non-citizen clients who faced serious immigration consequences resulting from an arrest. For example, Ms. Perez represented an individual charged with making a false report to the police. Her client faced deportation and jail time if convicted. Ms. Perez took the case to trial and obtained a full acquittal. Not only was the client found not-guilty of making a false report, the client's immigration consequences were fully averted.
- Ms. Perez's job required her to stay abreast of the ever-changing laws that impacted their lives so that she could best advocate on their behalf. Though she resolved most cases with a favorable pre-trial disposition, 83% of her trials ended in full acquittals.
- Ms. Perez obtained her bachelor’s degree from C.U.N.Y. Hunter College where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. She worked as a Language Arts teacher for two years prior obtaining her Juris Doctor from Fordham University School of Law. She was an active member of the Latin American Law Students Association and the Fordham Moot Court Board. Ms. Perez also supplemented her academics with numerous internships allowing her to experience different legal practices. Ms. Perez is a member of the New York State Bar and she is authorized to practice immigration in all U.S. States and Territories. She is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- As an immigrant, Ms. Perez knows what it is like to go through the complex U.S. immigration system and how important it is to have an attorney who cares about the client. As your lawyer, Ms. Perez will be your trusted advisor and counselor. Her defense-oriented background, legal research, and writing experience allows her to submit strong and deserving immigration applications. Her practice is client-centered and transparent. You should expect frequent updates and explanations of your case. Ms. Perez's goals are simple: let you know that you are in excellent hands and get you the best possible outcome.
- Ms. Perez currently resides in Orlando, Florida with her husband Alex and two children, Braxton and Emilia.